To undergo a stem cell transplant, a patient is liable to carry out a series of tests and analysis in order to confirm the level of the disorder and to know whether he is healthy enough for the treatment. The tests prescribed by the practitioners may include
- An electrocardiogram (ECG) test to check the heartbeats and other activities
- An echocardiogram scan to examine the heart and blood vessels
- An X-ray or computerized tomography (CT) scans to evaluate the disorders that shroud various parts of the body, such as the bones, muscles, fat, brain and organs
- A number of blood tests to check the blood cell count and to measure the condition of the liver and kidneys
- A magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to produce images of body structures with radiology technique
Once the patients have done various tests to check their general health, the doctors at neurological stem cell therapy hospitals like NeuroGen Brain and Spine Institute in Mumbai, discuss the treatment modalities with stem cells. They furnish the patients with minute details so that they are well informed about the treatment method and feel completely confident about the doctors and treatment.
Stem cell therapy treatment is an alternative to surgical procedures. It is a non-invasive method of treating neurological ailment and injuries. An experienced physician separates the stem cells from the bone marrow which are re-injected back into the patient’s body through the spinal fluid. These cells travel to the injured site, and the natural healing process begins. Being a natural remedy, this treatment has shown impressive results! Many common neurological and muscular disorders, such as Cerebral Palsy, Muscular Dystrophy, Autism and Spinal Cord Injuries, caused by loss or damaged neurons and glial cells, are treated using stem cells.
It is prudent to adhere to the doctor’s advice for long-lasting benefits, post stem cell therapy. The therapists may also advise a few additional therapies to accelerate the rejuvenation process of muscles and thus, help them to lead an independent life.
NeuroGen Brain and Spine Institute has the best laboratory, technology and expertise in stem cells and transplanting them into the patients to hasten neurodevelopment and muscular growth.